Yuma, Arizona - With 56 percent of summer travelers driving to their destination and gas prices having increased nearly 40 percent in the last four months, the personal finance websites WalletHub and CardHub today released a pair of reports to help folks find savings along the way: 2016's Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips and 2016’s Best Gas Credit Cards.
WalletHub’s road-trip report compared the 50 U.S. states in terms of 21 relevant metrics that speak to each state’s suitability to summer travelers with a dual mandate of fun and frugality. Our data set ranges from average gas prices to the quality of roads to the number of attractions.
Arizona as a Road-Trip Destination (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 11th – Number of Attractions
- 1st – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel
- 12th – Average Gas Prices
- 16th – Vehicle Miles Traveled per Capita
- 9th – Number of Scenic Byways
- 10th – Lowest Price of Camping
- 2nd – Quality of Bridges